Today the DeWitt Fire District officially dedicated its new fire station at 4500 East Genesee Street. The capital project has taken 13 months to complete and the facility will serve the fire districts emergency services needs for dozens of years to come. On hand for the event were over 200 community members and fire department personnel. The Syracuse Kilties Pipe Band led the color guard with representatives of the DeWitt Fire Department and DeWitt Professional Firefighters. President Larry Isaacs of the DeWitt Volunteer Fire Department Inc. and President William McGarrity of DeWitt Professional Firefighters Local 2733 raised the colors for the dedication. With the Central New York native limestone of the buildings main entrance as a backdrop Chief Gary MacLachlan welcomed attendees who included Senator Dave Valesky and Assemblywoman Joan Christenson. Chief MacLachlan spoke of the many items of tradition and tribute that were designed into the building including a wall of limestone that was salvaged from the original fire station edifice and recognized Susan Price who was in attendance. Price is the daughter of DeWitts longest serving 1934-1968 Fire Chief Everett Price. Seven other past Chiefs were also on hand as well as dozens of past members and family members. Fire District Board of Fire Commissioners Chairman Chris Daly welcomed the children of our community and fire service family recognizing them as the future or our fire service. Daly and MacLachlan then invited the next generation of firefighters to uncouple the fire hose in front of each fire bay to officially open the station. The community was then invited into the building for tours and refreshments. The DeWitt Fire District wishes to thank the community their families and fire service partners for their unending support during this project and always. The next chapter of our remarkable 75 years of history has been opened.